1) Make decisions based on meaning. Choose to do things because you want to, not because you have to.
2) Be happy with an income of max $95,000. People making up to that amount annually tend to report being happier than people who make less. Further increases in income is associated with reduced life satisfaction and a lower level of well-being.
3) Buy time! Pay for someone to cook or to clean the house. Research shows it brings more satisfaction than buying stuff!
4) Volunteer. Multiple studies have found that people who volunteer their time are happier, healthier, and live longer.
5) Get active. Doing anything physical (hanging out with friends or going somewhere) is better than passive leisure (watching TV).
Read more here: https://elemental.medium.com/time-can-make-you-happier-than-money-9d6169b76033